airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

We have a Rheem system in our relatively new house (2009).

Customer Question

We have a Rheem system in our relatively new house (2009). The attic AIR HANDLER cannot turn-on anymore. When it TRIES to start - it makes a loud "THWAMP-THWAMP" noise, and we can hear the fan try to start - then nothing...
PLEASE HELP ASAP - our we still under warranty?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Unfortunately the unit is not under warranty. This could be something broken on the blower wheel or a blower motor problem. It would be hard to say without being on site to check out the blower. If it is making a loud noise a couple times, it would sure sound like a blower issue. If you can get at the blower to check it out for a blockage, I have seen an animal in them from time to time causing that issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

The issue is the X13 blower motor. If this unit was installed by a licensed contractor and registered it will be covered under warranty. The unit came with a 10 year parts warranty if registered at time of installation. See below:

http://cdn.globalimageserver.com/fetchdocument-rh.aspx?name=rbhp-specification-sheets