BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a Comfort Star ductless ac/heat combination. The fan

Customer Question

I have a Comfort Star ductless ac/heat combination. The fan will blow when the remote is pushed from the mode position to "fan" and "dry". When I change the mode to "automatic" or "heat" the fan shuts off and the # ***** indicator stays on. It did not kick on after 4 hours yesterday. Any suggestions?
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a mini split heat pump. Outdoor Model CHP018CD (0).
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

this sounds like a sensor went bad which controls defrost cycle. It thinks your coil is iced over...does the outdoor unit when this happens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand the sensor possibility. I didn't understand your comment about the outdoor unit - "does the outdoor unit when this happens?" When what happens?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

When the indoor is supposed to be running...but is not...is the outdoor section running or is dormant also?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the outside fan isn't running.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like nothing simple so I probably need to call a local HVAC tech. Is that what you think?