Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I 't know what model I have. It has three buttons on the

Customer Question

I don't know what model I have. It has three buttons on the left: set, hold, and run. It also has up and down arrows on the right side. On the bottom, there is one switch for
heat/off/cool and a second switch of fan/auto.
My problem is that somehow I got it into "hold" mode, and no matter what I've tried, I can't get it out of that: I can set it but after about 3 seconds it returns to the same "hold" temperature. All I want is to get out of that "hold" mode. Any ideas?
Thanks, ***** *****
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

hello,

when HOLD appears it is a regular thermostat and holds at whatever temp you had set..did you want to run a program instead?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, I just want to be able to set it up and down whenever I feel like it. It has a programmable capability, but I don't want to use it. Right now I just want to be able to stop it from always returning to 79 degrees no matter what I do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

after 3 seconds the thermostat reverts on the screen to what the current room temp is.

if you press the up or down button once while HOLD is on screen, do you see the temp you set it for?....and it reverts back to HOLD....or when you press the up or down button once is the temp different than what you set it for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I press the up or down arrows, the displayed temperature goes up and down. But after five or six seconds, it always revers to 79 degrees.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

sorry for delay...and when it goes to 79...what is actual room temp?