airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I installed Goodmans two stage gas furnace 3 years ago. I

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** I installed Goodmans two stage gas furnace 3 years ago. I turned it on but it has code E2 I cleaned the drainage which I thought was the problem but it did not solve the problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The inducer draft blower will run for several minutes and shuts before turning on the furnace
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

What is model on the furnace?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GMVC960704CXAE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there did you get the model number?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Yes.Was looking at manual. The E1 error is telling us the pressure switch is sticking closed,(not opening at end of cycle)If all wiring is intact, you will need to replace the switch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Code I have is E2 not E1 and on the switch I have 3 switches with hoses wich one in particular do I replace
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whenever I turn on the furnace I could hear 3 sequential clicks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These are after the draft inducer is running
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

My bad. I mis read, The E2 is just the opposite.Switch is NOt closing.

Most common causes are blocked or pinched hoses , blocked vent or blocked drain.

I would start by removing hoses and making sure they are clear.Look for any signs of debris in fittings where hoses connect. Them make sure main drain is clear and no kinks or any standing water in the rubber drain hoses.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did all that but it did not solve the problem
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I seen as small a thing as a spider web or dirt dauber in vent cause this.have you thoroughly examined vents?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I cleaned the hoses there were debris which I cleaned out but this did not solve the problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The flue vent seems to be blowing out ok but will have to recheck if there is anything that may cause the problem
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

These are the most common causes,If all check good, I think my next step would be to obtain a vacuum gauge that reads vacuum in inches of water column and check the pressure to each switch to see if it is in parameters as stated on each switch.If we can prove vacuum is correct, replace switch