Kcrand36
Kcrand36, HVAC Mechanic
Experience:  Owner at Advantage Repair
90277609

I contracted to have a complete Trane heating and

Customer Question

I contracted to have a complete Trane heating and airconditioning system installed in my home. The contractor installed an Ameristar furnace and a Trane air conditioning system. I questioned him about the Ameristar furnace and he said it was identical to the Trane and was priced less, so that he could give me a lower price. Is this an ethical practice among mechanical contractors?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning James.

If you have a contract with the contractor, I would certainly demand what you signed for on your contract.

Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

Even though Ameristar is made by same MFR. it may have less features on it.

To answer your question, I NEVER put in a piece of equipment other than what I quote and contract for. Most of the time, I even put the model number of the equipment on the quote. I don't believe this is a common practice, but I have heard it done before.

Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

Hi James,

Just following up to see how you made out. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me. If you could please rate the service you have received, so that I may close out the call.

Thank You.

Kevin

Happy Holidays!