Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a trane furnance model TUS0608924A. It wont come on.

Customer Question

Customer: I have a trane furnance model TUS0608924A. It wont come on. I turned the switch on and replaced the top and bottom door panals on the furnance but still didnt stay on. It lite for a few seconds but went out.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Im attempting to turn on my gas furnace. I understand this model has a automatic light ignition. The heat was off for the summer (i turned the knob inside the furnace to the off position but now I want to turn it on. I turned the knob to the on position and turned the thermostat up to a high setting and put the panel doors back on. The unit tried to come on but it went back out.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello

If the pilot light or burners lit for a few seconds then went out, the flame sensor may just be dirty, if cleaning that does not help, then the printed circuit board is the next most probably suspect. We can do tests on all that.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to betaken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here. ,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files'link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards.