Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have jnfloor heat w/Hydra20-e2401m- boiler, my problem is

Customer Question

I have jnfloor heat w/Hydra20-e2401m-b boiler, my problem is one thermostat [INVENSYS 0619] is on 2 zone valves. the thermostat seems to heat up and shuts the 2 zones down.according to my electrician the amperage is to high in the 2 zones for the thermostat, I can not find a thermostat with amperage enough to correct this. Hope you have an answer!
Frank Illsley
Middleton Nova Scotia
Ph.(###) ###-####***@******.***
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello Frank, phone calls are additional. However we should not need a phone call to help you out, it can all be done in this dialog box.

I need the volts and amperage rating that is stamped onto the name plate of the two zone valves.

I also need to know how long the system has been installed and how well it has worked in the past.

Your electrician may very well be right, however only a few are experienced with 24 volt Air conditioning controls... generally the zone control valves are controlled by a zone controller, with a relay for each zone control valve, and the thermostat only sending power to the zone control panel.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

The INVENSYS 0619 is not coming up in my files

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the invensys cover, the picture needs to betaken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here. ,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I take the cover off the thermostat it just shows the mother board, 2 wires that are attached to the back plate.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

So far I do not know if this is a brand new system, installed incompetently or a system that has worked for years and has developed a problem.

I need that information... when was the system installed, and how long has it worked well.

I also do not know if they tried to run everything off of the thermostat, or if there is a zone control involved... in order to help you I need that information.

It is fine if you do not have it, or if this is not in your skill area... just tell me if that is the case and I will coach you step by step without any time limits in full detail on how to deal with the contractor who installed it.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

None of these systems are standard, there are literally hundred of controls configurations and wiring strategies. This can be sorted out but only if I get the information I ask for.

That data can come from you if you have those skill sets, or I can get photo's from you that will tell me me what you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You may be right about my electrician, we are only guessing the amperage is the problem that is why I am looking for help.
there is no wiring diagram on inside just the mother board. we have 5 zones on 4 thermostats, it was installed in 2006, it never worked properly from the start but got worse over the years. I will try and get help locally, thanks anyway. Frank Illsley
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again Frank,

Local help varies in quality, capability and integrity... if you need help locating a viable outfit tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city..and will get you a short list of well rated outfits. Not all work on these sorts of hydronic systems.