airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

5-2 Honeywell Model RTH63507. My tenant is reporting that

Customer Question

5-2 Honeywell Model RTH63507.
My tenant is reporting that when the thermostat reaches the assigned temperature (either via program, or set manually), the heat will switch on for ~10 seconds, then off for ~10 seconds, then on again and so on. It is very disturbing.
is the unit defective and need to be replaced or is it something the tenants are doing wrong?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 12 months ago.

This can be an issue with the thermostat or with the equipment.Do you know if the unit is hard wired for 24v power or battery powered only.Often weak batteries will cause this.so I would start by replacing batteries if they have not done so.

Our next step will require a volt meter to see if the thermostat is losing and sending signal when this is happening.

Let me know if you are seeing my reply.