Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

The blower motor starts slow and does not increase speed as

Customer Question

The blower motor starts slow and does not increase speed as temp goes up? the motor stays at slow rate. when unit turns just to fan the blower speed goes up to max..
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 12 months ago.

Good afternoon, I am Kevin one of the techs here on Ja. I'm trying to cross your model number, but it does not come up, are you sure this is the model number?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
this is a gas furnace. a luxaire acclimate 9 c series. model # ***** 120d20mp12ca serial # *****
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
did you receive this message with the serial number?

ok so what I am seeing now is a ECM motor..... and it is not getting to speed as the temp is going up your saying?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
BOTH BLOWERS SLOW DOWN ( AIR HANDLER AND EHAUSTBLOWER) . W HEN FURNACE COMES UP TO HEAT THE BLOWERS BEING VARIBLE SPEED DO NOT GO UP TO PROPER SPEED WHEN THE FURNACE TEMP IS UP. WHAT WRONG????.

You have aver sophisticated furnace, please read the outlined area I have circled and let me know if this is the case...

Kevin