Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a 183A-WT boiler at my car wash. I'm not getting

Customer Question

I have a 183A-WT boiler at my car wash. I'm not getting power to my reservoir tank thermostsat. It is a natural gas unit. The problem seems to be electrical. I don't have a wire schematic on the unit. Any idea where to begin?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

You must physically follow the wire from the thermostat to where it connects, then follow those connections back until you find the point where the power is broken, in a car wash it is likely to be a badly corroded wire nut or wire terminal connection... when you see such corrosion you are on target to find the problem.

If you rate my advice so far positively, I can hold the question open for ongoing coaching as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Connections were the first thing I checked. If you don't have info specific to this unit you won't be able to help me.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, I see none of our other experts have picked up your question. It is a long shot if you will find anyone here, or even locally that has worked on that particular problem with that particular system,

However I have been in this business for 51 years so far and only very rarely do I find something that I am unable to sort out, with brand names, and model numbers I can get most of any systems wiring diagrams... let me know if you would like to continue on that basis or if I should stay opted out.

We can go from there if you wish.