BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

How can I find out about my air handler 4TEE3C10A1000AA ??

Customer Question

How can I find out about my air handler 4TEE3C10A1000AA ?? internet search is not very helpful.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello.

I can tell you almost anything you need to know by reading the wiring diagram.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to betaken from straight on, in very good light. If you can include a few photo's of the unit with the service covers removed, taken from about 8 feet away, that will help as well.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here. ,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files'link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions if needed.

I am off to run some errands now, and should be back in an hour or so. I will pick up your response at that time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. That would have been helpful a week ago. I just found it myself online while I was waiting for 'just answer' to reply. My actual questions are related to the use of the Acculink communication. I am thinking about replacing the acculink 3 wire thermostat with a conventional 24vac thermostat which is remote controlled from my iPhone. Also there is 1 damper installed with a cheap third party thermostat and I want to make sure I don't disrupt that setup.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 year ago.

This is possible, but also know that the proprietary control is what makes the unit operate at highest efficiency. The 3 wire talks back and forth to control the system. The 24v is simply an on/off. The 3 wire reports 1/10th degree increments so the controller knows how to adjust run time.