Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I just installed a Honeywell y8610u4001 intermittent pilot

Customer Question

I just installed a Honeywell y8610u4001 intermittent pilot control conversion kit, on my burnham boiler 404B but it doesn't show where the line for the water fill or the pressure switch go. on the vs820 valve I replaced it went on the top the control valve but now I have a module that the wire for the water supply and on the pilot thermocouple for the pressuretrol switch
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

What do you have for a LWCO?

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Is the water feeder new or existing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only thing I am installing is the Honeywell intermittent pilot control conversion kit, nothing else all other is preexisting such as the water filler and the pressurtrol switch. I just need to get help connecting these wires. on the old valve VS820 lines from the water fill was connected to the TH PP clip, the other line to the PP clip, the pressurtrol both wires went to the little place on the thermocouple area which was designed for that purpose.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

If your gas valve had those terminals then you have/had a millivolt system. So you need a 24 volt transformer to make this work. Do you have a transformer?

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

There is an additional charge for a phone call. My screen shows a payment failure. I'm not allowed to call you unless the payment clears. It may just be a glitch but we can continue here if you like or if you still need a call let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we can of course as I stated nothing has changed on the boiler, those are the wires I'm talking about the two wires from the 24 v system that has the water pump wired in as it has always been. I'm changing only the valve and pilot system. all the rest remain the same.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Is this steam or hot water? The 4 series was steam originally. Your old gas valve was millivolt not 24 volt so this will require some rewiring.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you familiar with the Y8610U4001 Honeywell intermittent pilot control conversion kit?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Yes and I also installed the Burnham 4 series 20+ years ago when it was still in production. Please read my last post

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you're saying this new valve is a 24v system?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

YES

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I understand what do I need now
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

This can be done but it's not as simple as you seem to think it is. I can tell you how to do this but I'm blind here and I need to know what you have. So far your info doesn't add up so I'm thinking some info is missing. You keep mentioning a water pump for what usually is a steam boiler. Steam boilers don't have water pumps. How about some pictures of your boiler and the controls? Click on ADD FILES next to the SEND button to post pics here.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I have to step away for a while. I respond when I get back

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I don't know the correct vernacular but it's an electronic device that when it senses low water it adds more water automatically. I will send some photos, it will take a few minutes here
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I won't be back for at least an hour

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are some photos of what i'm talking about
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok no problem
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, you need to connect one lead from the transformer in your 2nd pic to 24 gnd on the ignition control. Then one thermostat lead to the other transformer terminal. The other thermostat lead to TH-W on the control. You should have 2 thermostat leads at the old gas valve. Also run a lead from the transformer terminal connected to the thermostat to 24v on the ignition control.