Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Edge thermostat cool to dehumidify doesn't work. Option 19

Customer Question

Edge thermostat cool to dehumidify doesn't work. Option 19 is set to D2. Fan is variable speed. With a humidity set point of 46 and RH=56% unit doesn't turn on. It's a 3 year old Carrier fan coil unit set up by the Carrier installer.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please put this on hold. I need to make some voltage measurements.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

OK... just post back whenever you need to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just wanted to be sure there was 24vac at the D1 terminal. Also there was 39 vac at D2 while running in cool. I don't know about that. I have the installer's manual and all seems properly wired. I don't know if jumper J1 in the fan coil unit was removed which is supposed to happen if one wants the unit to dehumidify. I doubt the cool to dehumidify feature has ever worked as we have had mildew on leather and other items when we return to our Florida home in October after a summer up north even with the humidity limit set point at 54%.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am going to need the complete system wiring diagram to be able to help you with this online.

If you can get me the thermostats full model number I might be able to get what I need from there.