Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My heatin is not blowing hot air, why?

Customer Question

My bryant heatin is not blowing hot air, why?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

This is actually the model on the ac coil.

Can you give me complete model from inside furnace in burner compartment so I can provide guidance with this specific unit.Model will be on a label just above burners on right or left inside panel

http://i.imgur.com/U8b0GXT.jpg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mod. 383kav042091
Serial. 2500a74817
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

OK here is normal sequence of operation.

Inducer vent motor comes on

Pressure switch closes

Igniter lights

Burners ignite

Main circulating blower comes on

If furnaces fails anywhere in the sequence we should get an error code by blinking lights on the control board. Turn power off and back on, then call for heat.tell me how far in that sequence it goes and what error code is on first failure We will go from here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ligth blinks 3 time and last on 2 to 4 sequends
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Error code should be a number of long and a number of short flashes. (Like 3 long, 2 short)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is right
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I am going to have to leave.I have an important call so I will open tis to other experts so you are not waiting.I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk and delay getting assistance..Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello.

after you have sorted out what the error code is look on the wiring diagram to see if it is listed and tell me what it says,

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to betaken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here. ,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read outis on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks is the #13
3short flash 1long
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** need a photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower service panel. it needs to be very well lit and well focused or I will not be able to read it.

http://screencast.com/t/gN5fKgJ37V8

3 shorts and one long is code 31... that is usually the pressure switch, that is a 4 inch roundish item with two rubber tubes attached, clean the tubes and poke a paper clip wire into the nipples those attached to to clean the tiny orifice inside. Let me know how that goes.