airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

My furnace keeps trying to start but shuts off before the

Customer Question

My furnace keeps trying to start but shuts off before the fan kicks on. I changed the batteries in the thermostat, replaced the furnace filter, and shut it off for 10 minutes and then turned it back on, but it still isn't working. It has an electronic ignition not a pilot light.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Most heating and air conditioning questions require some diagnosing of the specific situation.Very few are one line asnwers .To be professional and provide you with an accurate answer may require me gathering some details such as model number on units and specifics on the issue at hand.To tell you to replace a part or exactly what is wrong with your unit without knowing this information would not be doing you justice ,would be less than professional on my end and a guess at most.Please provide information I ask for so that I can provide accurate answers to your specific equipment and situation.

1. Will fan come on if you select ON instead of Auto(it thermostat has this function

2.If you have ac does blower work in cool mode?

3.Do you have a volt meter for troubleshooting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the fan is not coming on now at all. I do not have a volt meter.
I have a wall unit a/c, so it's a separate system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like the fan is the problem?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Most likely the issue is a bad fan, but I would want to verify by checking voltage before just telling you to buy a fan.

We would need a meter to troubleshoot. You can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks if you would like to troubleshoot and I would be happy to guide you.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Innova-3300-Equus-3300-Hands-free-Digital-Multimeter/14644665