airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Have a Rheem Criterion Furnace - blower motor will not come

Customer Question

Hi have a Rheem Criterion Furnace - blower motor will not come on. Tried fan only on thermostat and Ac unit also. Wondering if it is the board or the blower motor itself. Is there a way to determine which one it tis?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

This will be either a bad control board or bad motor.We can determine which one if you have a volt meter for troubleshooting.Let me now if you have a meter.

You can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks if you would like to troubleshoot and I would be happy to guide you.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Innova-3300-Equus-3300-Hands-free-Digital-Multimeter/14644665

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K will go get one.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Excellent. Then look just above burners on inside right or left panel and give me model so I can pull a manual and see the exact board and wiring diagram.It will be something like RGPH07EAUER or similar.

Then tell me how many wires go from blower to board, I can then guide you accurately in telling you where we want to check for voltage in each mode.

Look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K, got a volt meter.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Look just above burners on inside right or left panel and give me model so I can pull a manual and see the exact board and wiring diagram.It will be something like RGPH07EAUER or similar.