Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I HAVE A RUUD ELECTRIC FURNACE THAT RUNS A LOT BUT PUTS OUT

Customer Question

I HAVE A RUUD ELECTRIC FURNACE THAT RUNS A LOT BUT PUTS OUT LITTLE HEAT COULD IT HAVE THE WRONG THERMOSTAT?ONLY HALF OF THE COILS GET WARM.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Are you referring to the heating element coils or the heat pump /ac coil?Most heating and air conditioning questions require some diagnosing of the specific situation.Very few are one line asnwers .To be professional and provide you with an accurate answer may require me gathering some details such as model number on units and specifics on the issue at hand.To tell you to replace a part or exactly what is wrong with your unit without knowing this information would not be doing you justice ,would be less than professional on my end and a guess at most.Please provide information I ask for so that I can provide accurate answers to your specific equipment and situation.

If you are referring to the elements let me know the number after the J in model so I know what heat kit you have.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

See below