Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Ruud Achiever 90 Plus. I have two of these furnaces

Customer Question

Ruud Achiever 90 Plus. I have two of these furnaces side-by-side in my attic. Both have worked well for 5 years, but this year BOTH fail to ignite. Both fans start when "Heat" selected and thermostat set above ambient temp clicks on. But now propane ignition. I have followed exactly the procedure on the side sticker about starting; turn off the Honeywell on/off switch on the furnace, unplug the furnace, wait 5 mins, turn on the Honeywell switch, plug in the furnace, raise the thermostat above ambient. I've tried this twice on both furnaces. What am I missing? How likely is TWO failures simultaneously?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Not likely that both would fail at the same time, look for a gas supply issue or something turned off to the units. Were they changed to propane?