HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

If a service is needed to fix my thermostat will you provide

Customer Question

If a service is needed to fix my thermostat will you provide the name of a reputably company that services Pro-Techs?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now

Yes I can supply you with a company what issue are you having.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My thermostat is not working correctly. It's not producing heat the air is cool when it's on 75 or even 80. The system runs very quickly & shuts off after 2 or 3 minutes. It's a Pro Tech model is 610
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried to reset the thermostat and is yours the battery model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I resetted twice and it takes 2 AA batteries.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

The thermostat is bad that was a common issue on the Pro Tech models. You will need to replace the thermostat as there is no repair for this issue. You can check the wiring to the thermostat make sure everything is clean and tight, but it sounds like a bad thermostat.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks