Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I'm having trouble with my Trane xr80. After resetting, it

Customer Question

I'm having trouble with my Trane xr80. After resetting, it will run fine for a couple of cycles then lockout (2 flashes) and blow cold air. The unit is side mounted in my attic and is 6-7 years old.
Surface igniter lights, when the unit fires up flames are steady blue and runs until thermostat reaches temperature.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

So far it sounds like the air filter may be dirty, and that the furnace is going off on its high temperature safety shut off.... if the filter is not dirty or if you have changed it then something else is wrong.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to betaken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here. ,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If you have an error code showing, tell me what the code read out is on the wiring diagram or a sticker next to the diagram please.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files'link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards.

we can go from there.