Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I replaced my heater fan & limit switch, which had a timer,

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. I replaced my heater fan & limit switch, which had a timer, with one without a timer. It is a horizontal unit in the attic. This morning it took 4.5 minutes for the fan to come on after the fire started. I don't mind the wait but will this hurt anything?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just want to know if the delay in starting the fan will cause any problems. I couldn't find the same limit switch with the timer. Got the universal one from Honeywell, but it has no timer circuit, only works on temp build up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes I'll wait.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

What kind of unit are we working on here? Make, model?