Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Honeywell electronic aircleaner Model F50E 8047. It

Customer Question

I have a Honeywell electronic aircleaner Model F50E 8047. It does not seem to be getting power to unit. I have checked the junction box which supplies it and power is live at that point. Can you offer any direction.
Brian xxxxx
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** will be my pleasure to assist you. The air cleaner does not come on until the main furnace blower is on. If the blower for the furnace is on then the air cleaner should come on. Try turning the fan switch on the thermostat to the on position instead of auto and see if the air cleaner comes on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm a bit familiar with this, and know about control via fan so have already examined for this. No the unit is not operational when fan operating. Is there a way to test that power is getting to the unit? Testing the cleaner cells themselves?
Brian
Expert:  Heath.M replied 12 months ago.

okay that was my first thougt. but if you take the top off check for power at the switch with and electric meter where the power wire comes in. Can you tell where the power to the air cleaner comes from in the furnace? Sometimes they wire them off terminals on the board labeled eac or hum.