airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have an American Standard furnace with "fast blinking"

Customer Question

I have an American Standard furnace with "fast blinking" call for heat code. The ignitor lights ups but cycles down and repeats but doesn't light a flame and no warm air
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Most heating and air conditioning questions require some diagnosing of the specific situation.Very few are one line asnwers .To be professional and provide you with an accurate answer may require me gathering some details such as model number on units and specifics on the issue at hand.To tell you to replace a part or exactly what is wrong with your unit without knowing this information would not be doing you justice ,would be less than professional on my end and a guess at most.Please provide information I ask for so that I can provide accurate answers to your specific equipment and situation.

1.Do you have a volt meter to see if we are getting 24v to gas valve ?

2.do you get a different error when it fails to light

3.Please provide model on furnace

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1) I have a volt meter and didnt get a reading from the blue and red wires going into the gas valve.
2) The only error code is the fast blinking (constant) which says "call for heat"
3) TUE100A948L3
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Ok this sounds like it is going to be a board issue. The board should signal 24 volts to gas valve as soon as igniter lights up. Also if furnace fails to light, we should get a different error code.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it possible to have a small crack in the igniter that allows it to light up but not to the extent that enables the gas value to come on?
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

It is. If you can see a place like this