Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have Model Heater model 80-394, the pilot seems to blow

Customer Question

I have Bryant Model Heater model 80-394, the pilot seems to blow out, the flame seems to appear small when lot, and when Tue OMG on thermostat, it begins to blow cold air.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, so far it sounds like the human hair size orifice in the pilot light is slightly clogged, or that the pilot flame adjustment on the gas valve needs to be opened a bit more to increase the pilot flame size.

If you can send me a photo of the gas valve, looking down on the top of the gas valve, I might be able to point out the pilot adjustment. Use the paper clip icon at the top right of the tool bar above, or the '+attachfiles' link to the left of your 'send' button at the bottom of the dialog box.

We can go from there without a time limit.