Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Does Carrier publish a line manual? I have the ACCA

Customer Question

Does Carrier publish a long line manual? I have the ACCA publication from 2010. I am trying to double-check my installer to insure that all the procedures and accessories that Carrier recommends are put in place on my long line set. The installer wants to follow the Install Manual for the Infinity Compressor, which calls for a solenoid and hard start kit. But they indicate a piston change and loop in vapor line above coil at the air handler, both of which are mentioned in the ACCA Long Line Manual, are out of date. If there is a Carrier publication that is current for long line set, can you guide me to a web site where I can download it? Thanks.
Tap Squires
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Here is the download site for Carriers absolutely superb and world famous "Design manual"

https://sites.google.com/site/bsrajakumar/carrier-design-manual

It is over 1,000 pages. You would be interested in the piping design section. The duct design section however is equally relevant.

However this is as much an art as it is a science and it will entirely easy to get overly complex here.

If you can tell me how long the refrigerant lines are, and if the condensing unit that sits outside is above or below the cooling coil and furnace and by how much, I can save you a few days of research and point you to the relevant sections of the manual.

.