Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Self cleaning oven had to be turned off because of smoke.

Customer Question

self cleaning oven had to be turned off because of smoke. oven is jammed close. How can the door be opened. this was 24 hours ago
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Have you tried to to turn the Self Clean cycle back on for 30 seconds and then CANCEL the cycle and see if the door latch motor opens the door?