Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a goodman GMH 95% furn. I have gotten the lockout

Customer Question

I have a goodman GMH 95% furn. I have gotten the lockout code and few times now, and done some very careful looking around. I noticed the drain trap was only 80% and not overflowing, so I took the access panel off and noticed water on the shelf. So I undid the clamp for the hose to the front cover at the drain (had a bucket there). About a 1/2 qt of water came out. This is after 4 1/2 years of ownership and normal operation of this furnace. After draining, the furnace will operate normal for about 3 to 4 weeks. The trap is not clogged, the elbow is not clogged, and the drain tube is not pinched and has a nice downward slope to drain. Where can I start for deeper diagnosis?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now.

Have you checked the drain tube to see if it is blocked and is the trap filling up to seal and create a siphon?