Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Klimaire mini split. The ksin012- h115. It was just

Customer Question

Hi- I have a Klimaire mini split. The ksin012- h115. It was just installed and I get an e1 error code on the indoor unit. When I start the unit, the fan, dry mode and cooling mode will work but not the heat mode. My electrician has looked over the connections and cannot find anything wrong. My hvac guy also did not know where the problem could be. Any ideas? This unit is installed in a newly finished attic room.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Jason Whatley replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help you out! I see your question is unanswered so let's get started. Have you ever had the heat running before on this system?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it was installed last Wednesday. The cooling, fan and dry settings will push out cool air.

Okay thanks. Typically a communication error between indoor and outdoor units is caused by a couple of things: 1) communication wiring should be ran in its own conduit or should have a shielded jacket to prevent ambient electronic noise from interrupting the signals. 2) need to make sure wiring is correct and terminated properly at both units 3) there could be an issue with the PCB (printed circuit board) from the factory. I'm attaching a link to the service manual for your system. Please refer to page 48 and 50 for the E1 comm error code.

http://www.klimaire.com/media/klimaire_product_pdfs/5154d1e87fe3e_-_KSIN-Service-Manual.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks- I've found all this info online already. I guess I just need someone to come out.