HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My whole home carel humidifier stope working. I think it

Customer Question

My whole home carel humidifier stope working. I think it needs to be cleaned and declogged. I can not figure out how to remove the front panel. The unit is 10 years old and my husband is out of town
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Do you see a set screw on the top and bottom generally these are just large thumb screws. Then the panel should come off to get at the filter plate. Get a small step ladder as the one on the top may be hard to see.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks