HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Furnace motor runs - 10 seconds then shuts off - tried

Customer Question

furnace motor runs for 5 - 10 seconds then shuts off - tried running in summer mode - same thing - tried another motor - same thing
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hoping to get some input here...?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Have you checked or changed out the blower capacitor? If so you likely have a blower relay issue. There is a relay that controls the blower if that board or relay is bad that will happen. You can follow the wires from the blower motor to the board and that would be the one to change for that issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks