HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Billy, I have a similar problem; i.e. my R8184G-1393 will

Customer Question

Hi Billy, I have a similar problem; i.e. my R8184G-1393 will not reset. I'm trying to bleed the line as I'm installing a used furnace in my shop. I've hooked up power into the junction box (black to a black and a black with yellow stripe and white to white). I have power going to the motor and the fan will come on in manual mode. When I hit the reset, nothing happens. I've wired the thermostat to the W and R terminals on the box over the junction box. I even tried to bypass the thermostat and jump between terminals. Can you suggest some further action
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Have you held the reset in for 30 seconds and tried it? You may have to do that a few times to get it going.

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried that yet?