Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

We have a Goodman furnace installed in our attic (so a

Customer Question

Hi, we have a Goodman furnace installed in our attic (so a horizontal installation)? The model number is ***** We are tying to locate the filter but are not having any luck. Any ideas on where it may be located?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

In a horizontal installation, the filter could either be on the right or left depending on which way they installed the furnace. It will come into the return side which is close to the blower.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what type of filter rack they put on your unit, but look for a small removeable door.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.