Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Need to resolve a roll out fault issue. York P4HUA12L04801A.

Customer Question

Need to resolve a roll out fault issue. York P4HUA12L04801A. Furnace is horizontal discharge left. Verified the heat exchanger is not cracked. Crimped closed the cross over nearest the roll out sensor. Unit faulted again next day. replaced sensor and replaced control board. Unit faulted again. not sure where to go with it next.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!

This is a 90% efficiency furnace, correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. 80% furnace.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

If you want, we can do a phone call. Flame rollout is primarily caused by a bad heat exchanger. Many times the problem cannot be seen without actually opening up the area where the heat exchanger is and examining it. Many of the heat exchangers used small stamped "rings" holding the two halfs together and if one or more of these has popped out, this would cause a flame rollout situation.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

You need to actually watch the ignition process and also during a heating cycle to see what the flame is doing. It shoot straight into the chamber without going to one side or the other.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As initially stated it has been verified the heat exchanger is not cracked. No flame waver when fan kicks on. Sensors and control board have been replaced.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Could also be over fired. Gas pressure set too high.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nope. Pressure is fine. PG&E checked
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

If you remove the filter does it trip?