HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

How do I connect power to Trane xr95? There are 3 black

Customer Question

How do I connect power to Trane xr95? There are 3 black wires and one each of white and green wires (neutral and ground).
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

What are you seeing at the junction box in the furnace?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 black, one white and 1 green wires. I'm wondering about switch/receptacle requirements or normal installation options
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes 2 of the blacks are for HUM terminal and EAC terminal the other Black is the live power and White is the Neutral PAGE 28 click here

You can wire in a Wall Switch in line with the Main HOT black wire...basically your Black wire from power would go to one side of the wall switch and the black from the unit would go to the other side for a wall switch operation and white would just connect to White at the furnace.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks