Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Elite Series XP-16-060-230 has a noisy vibration when

Customer Question

My Elite Series XP-16-060-230 has a noisy vibration when heating from the atmosphere. The vibration originates at the XP-16, and this also causes the line into my house to vibrate too. The level of vibration noise varies between fully unacceptable to reasonably acceptable during its operation. Unfortunately, the vibration is heard primarily in our bedroom. Our Lennox installer/dealer seems unable to fix the problem. They have installed neoprene pads under the unit, but this has not solved the problem. Simply put, the XP-16 is noisy, vibrates a lot, and this vibration is carried by the lines. Why is it so noisy, and what can be done to stop it?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Can you attach some pictures of the situation, a few close ups, and a few pictures taken from 10 feet away so that I can get some perspective on the problem.

You can use the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar above for that.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

This is the service manual for your unit.

https://www.lennox.com/pdfs/installation_maintenance/Lennox_XP16_IOM.pdf

Are the compressor base bolts still in shipping mode?

We can go from there.