Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is ***** ***** and I have a question. I have 20 yr

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I have a question. I have 20 yr old York heat pump. I have nomodel or serial #'s. Changing out t-stat from York t874r1046to Honeywell th3110d1008. unit ran fine incool al summer when I switched to heat it blew the control fuse. had atech check wiring .now unit blowscold in both h&c modes paper work with new stat says it is areplacemt fo this heat pump,i have don't have a ledgable diagram on this unit . Anythoughts?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i believe defrost relay was changed and transformer changed afew months. i am a 20 yr journeyman myself ,but have had severalmajor surgeries this year cant climb or think so hot trying to help a ne apprentice get this unit going
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to HVAC Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: this unit is in a biker bar .i am in no rush but this their only heat source and their gettinimpatient o i would not have bothered you would hae tried to drg mybusted body up their threr myself anything youcan do is aprieciated.p.s. forgive the spelling. morphine!!!!!!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here. ,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

We can go from there.