Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Plus 80 electric furnace error 31

Customer Question

Bryant plus 80 electric furnace error 31
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

The error code is usually a pressure switch issue.

Can you give me the complete model number on the furnace? It will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners.Remove panel to burner compartment and look inside. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.

Below is a link showing where to find label with model number:

http://i.imgur.com/EkrwIdi.jpg.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3099x14760
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CK5AXT036017AAAA
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Label is inside furnace in burner compartment.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Attaching two pics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model HK42FZ011
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

Label we are looking for is on side panel.

Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I am going to have to leave shortly so I am opening this to other experts.I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk.Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here it is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry need information now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have been without heater for Two days now
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I can probably help in one way or the other, but it will probably not be a fast or easy solution, you may have to execute some repairs and order parts... or the problem may be so complex in relation to your skill sets that you will have to call in a local technician with instruments.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be close up, taken from straight on, perfectly focused and in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of thetool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here. ,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards ***** ***** wish to continue. Know that I do this work on my own time and at my own expense unless I am successful *and only if show appreciation for my work by rating me positively.