Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a peerless EC 03 100 WPCT and a Honeywell R8184G 1427

Customer Question

I have a peerless EC 03 100 WPCT and a Honeywell R8184G 1427 controller. When it is is running it works fine and is responsive to calls from the two zones in the house. lately if there is no activity the furnace will dip below its operating range and not respond to an increased temp call that I manually make from my honeywell mechanical theormstat.Serivce has been her, nozzle is new, filter is new box is clean electrodes are good and transformer is good. Yet the sytem does not respond to calls. I can hit reset and it fires right up and then appears to be be fine for a couple of days then it is back to not starting automatically. any ideas?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

So far it sounds like the CAD cell (flame detection 'eye' ) is dirty or failing... locate that and clean it, lets see how it goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHTwhOtvQWE

We can go from here without a time limit.