D.E. Anderson
D.E. Anderson, Industrial Refrigeration Service Manager
Experience:  15 years experience. Design, install, service of residential & commercial hvac/r equip.
76443755

My is i have lennox duraglass g11 is stop working went to

Customer Question

hi my is william i have lennox duraglass g11 is stop working went to check what it could i be and found the 24v transformer and indoor blower relay was burn so i replace it i also the wire to the thermost and install a new thermostat i made a video of the wire so i not put wrong.retired diesel mechanic this new to me ,thank you
Category: HVAC
Expert:  D.E. Anderson replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm going to try to help you out. Do you have access to a volt/ohm meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If you switch the thermostat fan setting to on, does your blower start up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what else to check

I just wanted to verify control voltage is present. Is the pilot currently lit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pilot is lit .there is 24 volt on the transformer up to thermostat . I replace the thermostat new wires to the thermostat because wires were old I install a new transformer and a new inside blower motor relay because they were burn took a video and picture to sure that all the wire were put back in the right place.there is 24 volt going to the thermostat .

With a call on the thermostat check for 24v on the gas valve. I trust ykuwired everything as it was as you said you took video to ensure that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is 24v at the gas valve . This has me pulling my hair is so crazy.i did 40 years diesel mechanic much easier.

Lol. So you have 24v on the gas valve but no gas flow and the pilot is lit correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still lit

Then you need to replace the gas valve it's either clogged or stuck closed

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can the gas valve be clean or not or that is not save to do.how do you check the valve to see if is stuck or clogged

Well if you tap it while 24v is applied and it opens that verifies that it sticks. But that won't always make it open. You can remove the gaspipe from the inlet and check that screen but that's the extent to which that can be checked. Disassembling the valve would be unsafe.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will check that I won't take it a part . Thank you for your help

Thank-you for the opportunity to help. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok

Please remember to rate me when complete. Otherwise I am not compensated. Thank-you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will