D.E. Anderson
D.E. Anderson, Industrial Refrigeration Service Manager
Experience:  15 years experience. Design, install, service of residential & commercial hvac/r equip.
76443755

Where can I purchase a Hydro Heat Blower Motor, Part No.

Customer Question

Where can I purchase a Hydro Heat Blower Motor, Part No. 12-062-100 for a Mega Tek Hydro Heat model #03-055-WTAR-TS-MT? 1 HP, 1050 RPM, 120/240 volt with out the control module. It is mfg. by Regal Beloit.
Don Roessler ***@******.***
Category: HVAC
Expert:  D.E. Anderson replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do you have the frame number? Often it'll be a number on the motor tag like fr48y or just 48 for example

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GE Model No 5SME39SL 0856. GE ECM Motor Class B Cont air over 1ph 60/50Hz 1hp 120/240 volts 1050 RPM rotation ccw CPN 12-062-100 Class B INSThis is all the information on the nameplate on the motor. There is no mention of a frame No. I think that it is a 48 frame. This motor has an attached Electronic control module which provides communication with the heat pump control panel to provide speed settings. It also provided amperage to the control panel which is used to provide additional speed control. Thank you for your response. Don

Ok let me do some research. I'll most likely be back in touch with you tomorrow thank you for your patience.

I cannot find anywhere to get it without the module. I apologize. I will open this question back up so someone else who may know can answer it for you. Thank-you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please advise me if the unit is available with the module and where to buy it. Also please indicate the price.
Thank you.
Don Roessler

I can find the motor labeled for a Bryant/carrier same specs but the module that comes with it is gonna be programmed for a carrier product. They are all over eBay for between $250-550 you can purchase one of these motors and swap the module on it with the module from your old motor. Then the motor will operate with the programming in your old module. I can find your exact motor through wholesale suppliers from whom I purchase from with my business however, they do not sell to the general public.

Do a Google Search and put in the search bar GE 5SME39SL

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. Please send me the name of a wholesale supplier that can provide the exact motor so that I can have my HVAC installer purchase it for me.
Thanks,
Don

ACR supply here where I live can get it, however I do not know if they operate in all states. Other suppliers to try are Johnstone Supply, United Refrigeration, RE Michael's, and Baker. Also, your contractor should be able to contact the manufacturer and either order it from them or they can direct your contractor to the appropriate distribution channel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the prompt service.

Thank-you glad I could help. Please remember to rate me otherwise I am not compensated.