Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Lenox act with Honeywell HZ311 truezone; the

Customer Question

I have a Lenox act with Honeywell HZ311 truezone; the downstairs is zone 1 and the two smaller bedrooms upstairs are zone 2; the ac unit kept freezing up; the filters are all clean; freon levels and pressures are good; the ac guy put in a new expansion valve; however, two days later, all frozen up again; the ac guy came and adjusted the bypass damper; however, when our daughter runs the ac upstairs, it freezes us downstairs even though out thermostat is off; now when we turn on the heat downstairs; it heats upstairs also when that zone is turned off by the thermostat; the panel box has all green lights; I'm not certain everyone knows how to work on a two zone system.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

hi i am dan i can help you with this. you are correct not everyone fully understands a zone system lets start with the begining, what was the original reason for the coil freezing.