Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My furnace isn't working. I have a light that flashes about

Customer Question

My furnace isn't working. I have a green light that flashes about every 2 to 3 seconds. Any suggestions?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here. ,Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

You will need a multi meter ($30 at a hardware store) and some experience working with appliances, let me know a lot about your skill sets in those regards.

If I miss you tonight I will pick up your response first thing in the morning.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know how to open the front panel and my skill set is zero. Is this an issue that can be resolved tomorrow? I have a space heater to get me through tonight if it gets too bad.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** case you will need a reference to one or two well rated furnace service shops in your area, if you can tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city...I can find a few for you.

Its good you have a heater, you can call one of these outfits in the morning.