HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a Trane rtu. Heat will not come on. The 3 amp slow

Customer Question

Hi Doug,
I have a Trane rtu. Heat will not come on. The 3 amp slow burn fuse was blown on the circuit board. After replacing it, my 24 volt came back. The test board has no power. I checked the 208/230 volt transformer. When I measure each leg to ground, I have 118.
When measure together, I get nothing. I have not oh end the transformer yet. You thoughts
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

Check the wiring in the breaker panel you have a bad connection or burned wire in the breaker panel or junction box causing this issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks