Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

What is the pieza igniter gap settings on an old Logana G105

Customer Question

What is the pieza igniter gap settings on an old Logana G105 oil burner?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

hi i am dan i can help you with this. what burner is on the boiler?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for responding Dan. Can't help you a lot with an answer. Inherited the boiler with the property. It's very old (possibly 1950's). I have no information about the boiler and have been unable to find any info on the Internet. Just know it's a Logana G150. If you cannot help I will try to find a legend plate on the boiler and give you what information is on it. Thanks, Harry

i do not need too much specifics at least the brand of burner. it should be beckett, carlin or reilo

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Athens name on the front is Buderus. Anything I have found on the net has been in German or European of some kind. Seen nothing in English. Harry

there should be a big sticker on the burner only the burner not the boiler that waill say the brand

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will have a look in the morning if that's okay Dan. Harry

Ok let me know when you're ready

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't think I am going to be much help here Dan. I have almost got the whole thing in bits but still can't find anything which tells me specifically what the burner is. The burner is about 10cm long by approx 15mm diameter with a jet which is marked DELAVAN MADE IN USA. The igniter box is a Danfoss TRAFO TYPE 52L. And there is anAEG fan motor. The cover to the starter button PC board has been lost so can't help you there. It has worked fine for the last three years and we briefly had it working last month when we came home from holiday to a cold house. A few weeks ago we had an electric power surge (which we get from time to time) which tripped the electricity. Haven't used it since then, but got no ignition when I tried to start it up yesterday. Sorry this is all not very helpful but it's the best I can offer. Harry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's me again Dan. My other half has just handed me the starter button PC board cover ( I found it ages ago and wondered what it was, she said). It's a LANDIS & GYR LOA21.171B27. Probably doesn't help but thought I would tell you anyway. Harry.

Ok i am away right now but will be back in a few hours. If you could take a picture of the boiler and burner ans attach it here that would help a lot