Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Blower comes on and runs normal but went the blower shuts

Customer Question

Blower comes on and runs normal but went the blower shuts off and the motor slows to a stop there is a rater loud click and the blower comes back on for just a few seconds and then goes off again .it repeats this several times .each time the click gets weaker and the blower stays on less time until it finally quits .The click sound is more like that of a sheet of metal when flexed,It does not make that sound when it first comes on .
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

Hello m y name is ***** ***** will be my pleasure to assist you. What is the make and model of the furnace. It sounds like the bi-meal spring in the fan limit may have broken even though it is still working it will need to be changed as eventually it will quit working all together.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the make is Bryant gas furnace ,I don't know what the Model I could not find any numbers on the outside ,the numbers must be inside The furnace is small , rather old ,was in the 3 room house when i bought it
Expert:  Heath.M replied 1 year ago.

ok yes if it is older then that is probably the fan limit that is the issue.