HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

How do I replace my carrier infinity 4 wire (A,,C,D)

Customer Question

how do I replace my carrier infinity 4 wire (A,B,C,D) thermostat with ecobee 3?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a significant delay in responses. Please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

What color are the wires?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Red, Green, Blue, White
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

OK RED goes to RH

Green To G

Blue to C

WHITE to W

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The original thermostat (Carrier Infinity Model SYSTXCCUID01-B) 4 wires were labeled A: Green; B: Blue; C: White; D: RedThe furnace is Carrier Model 58MVC120-F-10120 Series 100.I tried your configuration but the furnace and fan does not turn on using the ecobee3.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Ok the wires are as such on the old unit

A green wire data 1
B=yellow wire = data 2
C=white wire = common 24v
D=red wire = power 24v

DO you have something like that on the ecobee

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are two wiring blocks:
Left side: Rc, G, Y1, W1(aux), O/B
Right side: Rh, C, Y2, W2(aux2), ACC+, ACC-
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

You can install that one but you will lose a lot of functions that you had with the old system, You have to change over your wiring to both indoor and outdoor to make this work. Can you change them on the other end too?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what functions will I lose? Do I also need to change DIP switch settings?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.

Yes you will lose most of the functions as the ecobee is not setup for that system. i would advise returning the ecobee unit I doubt you will be happy with it. ALso yes you need to change the dipswitches.