Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

We had a power outage. When the power came back on the

Customer Question

We had a power outage. When the power came back on the thermostat believes it is 34 degrees in the house. It actually is about 62 degrees. The furnace will not shut off, and the digital display will not change or rise from 34 degrees. I am able to push the all systems off button and it will shutdown.
Is there a reset?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

There may be a reset but I need the model number to tell you where it is. But it sounds like you had a power surge when the power came back on and it fried the thermostat. A reset won't help that. You're probably going to need a new thermostat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
White-Rodgers, Type No. 1f85-0477 - 20-30VAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a reset for this model?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

You first should remove the leads from the R & C terminals and the batteries for at least 2 minutes. Be careful to not let the leads touch. Then replace the leads and batteries

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

You can also try, press the up & down arrows and the FAN button simultaneously. Thermostat will go blank momentarily then return to normal display after displaying all segments simultaneously.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

If that doesn't work you probably need a new thermostat.

Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

There really isn't much more I can add. I've covered all the possibilities. I'm logging off for the night. If you have more questions I'll respond in the morning. If you don't have more questions I'd appreciate a favorable rating.