Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Can someone please explain where these wires should hook up

Customer Question

Can someone please explain where these wires should hook up to make the blower motor and ignition work.
I can hard wire and bypass this so the fan is always on and it works but I do not want to burn out the motor.
http://s23.postimg.org/e8aph6gwr/IMG_0205.jpg
http://s23.postimg.org/4z8j7280r/IMG_0207.jpg
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

The blue is supposed to go to one side of the transformer to supply voltage to transformer

The Brown goes to one leg of the motor

The black goes to the other leg of the motor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to make sure I have this set up correctly. If its easier to explain ill set up the call.
I have the 2 yellow wires coming from the power what should those be wired to.
and this is how I have the relay pins attached.
http://s1.postimg.org/byqqvc7an/IMG_0209.jpg
http://s1.postimg.org/lxbphtgq7/IMG_0211.jpg
What should that single black wire go to.
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.

I am currently working with a few other customers via question and answer and can not take phone call right now.I will open to other experts so you do not have to wait.

Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, just based on what I see and what you want me to diagnose is not the scope of what I can direct you to connect. You are telling me low and high voltage connections based on your pictures, I really think you have a much older system, that someone has made work with relay's ect and needs to be addressed by a certified technician, that can look at the whole system and determine what the last tech did to get you up and working. In my humble opinion, there is to much "after market" work for anyone to make a safe decision for your connections which you are asking for.

Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, but I cannot answer your question, I will unlock so others that might recognize your situation more fully can answer. Good luck Chris.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have it working. I just need to hook in the fan limit switch so the fan is not constantly running.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Please attach a well focused, close up photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the service panel, the picture needs to be taken from straight on, in very good light.

You can use the paper clip- icon at the right end of the tool bar at the top of this dialog box to attach it here. , Include a picture of the thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board in the same area, and the existing limit switch with the cover removed.

If there is no paper clip-icon, look for the '+attach files' link at left of your send button.

I can mark it up with wiring instructions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
attached
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am working on it.

Their diagram does not make a lot of sense... that is the problem I am having with this.

Remove the front covers of the furnace and get me 2 or 3 pictures that show all of the controls and wiring, especially that fan limit switch shown on the top left of the wiring diagram.

We can go from there.