Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Furnace not starting up. three flashing reds then pause.

Customer Question

furnace not starting up. three flashing reds then pause. Took off furnace cover and got the exhaust fan motor to engage but sounds like it's going to blow up. My furnace is almost 5 years old. Is there a warranty on this item?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

What is the brand and model of your furnace?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Goodman I don't know the model....let me go downstairs and see if I can find it
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

It's on the rating tag inside the burner compartment

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all I can find is GMH950904CXAD and right below that is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

Ok, 3 flashes is a draft pressure switch not closing fault. If you have a faulty pressure switch it should be under warranty but there are other possible causes for this error like a blocked exhaust vent or intake. If the vent doesn't terminate on the roof you could check to be sure it's not blocked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I explained already that the exhaust motor is not starting up. I took off the cover. I spun the black wheel and it was binding. I held the cover lockout switch in to allow power. I spun the black wheel many times and got it running. Makes noise like it's going to blow apart. Is there a warranty on the exhaust motor?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry I didn't get from your original post that the exhaust fan wasn't running. Yes it should be under warranty if it's a failure due to a defect and not due to insects or rodents building a nest in the exhaust which got sucked into the fan.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you.
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome