Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
Experience:  hvac technichian at performance plumbing and heating
89712187

I have the triangle tube boiler heat and hot water i have to

Customer Question

hi
i have the triangle tube boiler for radiant heat and hot water i have to press reset often and also the high pressure relief valve on top of the boiler spits on occasion (sometimes after a faucet is shut off)
any ideas?
thasnks
ken
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 1 year ago.

hi i am dan, i can help you with this problem. do you know what the error code is that you are reseting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
led display is out and has been
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one zone does not make boiler come on even though thermostat is set to demand it boiler does fire up when i turn up hot water tank tho
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also is there a warranty on this boiler (it was installed late 2006 or early 2007

Ok you said one zone isn't working, how many zones are there? Do you have to reset it to get the hot water to work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All zones are working now. Boiler just needs to be reset occasionally and relief valve leaks

Ok without knowing the error code the only thing that i can think of that would cause those 2 symptoms is too much pressure. Probably from a bad expansion tank. I would check the expansion tank by knocking on it to make sure it has an air charge still

did you still need help with this or did you have any more questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you're right it probably is especially take the fan over research I did also quick question do you think the LED display ia shot or are there fuses

ok, not sure what fan your talking about, there are usually fuses for the display but that may not be the problem. there may be a problem with the display. if you have any more question please let me know, if not i would appreciate it if you could rate me on my service by selecting one of the 5 stars and thank you for using just answer.